Is Filing Bankruptcy Right For Me?
Discuss You Case With a Long Island Bankruptcy Attorney
If you are like many people in Long Island, you are probably dealing with mounting debt and are wondering how you will ever find a way out. In today's fast paced world filled with credit offers and loans, it is easy to lose track of how much debt you have, and lending companies and credit card companies make it very easy to accumulate more. If you are visiting this website, chances are you're seriously considering bankruptcy as a way out of debt, and our Long Island bankruptcy attorneys are here to help you make this difficult and life-changing decision.
Declaring bankruptcy may be a good option for you is you have more bills than you can handle or if you are in danger of losing your home to foreclosure. Bankruptcy may be for you if:
- You have accumulated large amounts of credit card debt and cannot get out on your own
- You are behind on mortgage payments or car payments
- You are at risk of foreclosure or repossession
- You have difficulty making your monthly minimum credit card payments
- You have been laid off, injured, or ill and otherwise cannot work to pay your bills
- You have accumulated a large amount of medical bills due to an injury, illness, or lack of insurance
- You find it difficult living from paycheck to paycheck
Making the Best Decision for Your Future
If one or more of the above descriptions fit you, there is a good chance that bankruptcy will work for you. Depending upon your particular financial situation, you may want to file bankruptcy under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of bankruptcy law.
Chapter 7 will involve the liquidation or your assets to pay off debts, whereas
Chapter 13 will involve a restructuring of debt so that you can pay it off over a set length of time. New York residents in need of a quick solution to debt may opt for Chapter 7 while those with steady incomes may decide to go with Chapter 13. Whatever your financial situation is, a Long Island bankruptcy attorney from our firm will consider everything necessary to help you make the right decision to get your finances back on track.